Adam Driver’s ‘Star Wars’ Movie Will get New Replace From ‘Upset’ Director


Director Steven Soderbergh is lastly breaking his silence on “The Hunt for Ben Solo.” The undertaking was formally introduced by Adam Driver final 12 months. The “Star Wars” actor revealed that he and Soderbergh had labored on the undertaking for about two years earlier than it was scrapped by high Disney execs, who didn’t perceive how his character, Ben Solo, might nonetheless be alive after the occasions of 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker.”

Article continues under commercial

Steven Soderbergh Breaks Silence On Scrapped Ben Solo ‘Star Wars’ Film

Steven Soderbergh attends premiere of 'Black Bag' at AMC Lincoln Square in New York on March 9, 2025
ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

The sequel trilogy kicked off with 2015’s “The Drive Awakens,” wherein Adam Driver performed the villainous Kylo Ren. He continued the function in 2017’s “The Final Jedi,” however was ultimately redeemed in 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker.” Sadly, he gave his life pressure to Rey (Daisy Ridley) after defeating Emperor Palpatine in an effort to deliver her again to life, and seemingly light into the Drive himself.

Though Lucasfilm accepted the thought, Disney executives later pulled the plug, saying they didn’t perceive how Ben Solo might nonetheless be alive. In a brand new interview with BK Magazinethe Oscar-winning filmmaker stated, “It was no shock” to listen to that former Lucasfilm exec Kathleen Kennedy was pissed off by the movie’s cancellation throughout her exit interview.

Article continues under commercial

Soderbergh Mentioned He Put In Over Two Years Of ‘Free Work’

“We have been all pissed off,” Soderbergh stated. “, that was two and a half years of free work for me and Adam and (author) Rebecca Blunt. When Adam and I mentioned him speaking about it publicly, I stated, ‘Look, don’t editorialize or speculate in regards to the why. Simply say what occurred, as a result of all we all know is what occurred.’ The said motive was, ‘We don’t assume Ben Solo could possibly be alive.’ And that was all we have been instructed. And so there’s nothing to do about it, you already know, besides transfer on.”

Article continues under commercial

“I’d form of made the film in my head, and simply felt unhealthy that no one else was going to get to see it,” he continued. “I believed the dialog was strictly going to be a sensible one—the place they go, what is that this going to value? And I had a very good reply for that. Nevertheless it by no means even obtained to that time. It’s insane. We’re all very upset.”

Article continues under commercial

Adam Driver Revealed The Film’s Existence In October 2025

Adam Driver attends the red carpet for Ferrari
ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

In October 2025, followers have been shocked to listen to Adam Driver reveal that the film had been within the works when he was selling his newest movie, “Father Mom Sister Brother,” in an interview with the Related Press.

“I all the time was taken with doing one other ‘Star Wars,’” Driver stated. “I had been speaking about doing one other one since 2021. Kathleen (Kennedy) had reached out. I all the time stated: With an excellent director and an excellent story, I’d be there in a second. I cherished that character and cherished enjoying him.”

Soderbergh and Rebecca Blunt outlined a narrative that was pitched to Kennedy, Lucasfilm vp Cary Beck, and Lucasfilm chief inventive officer Dave Filoni. Scott Z. Burns was introduced in to jot down the script, which Driver referred to as “one of many coolest (expletive) scripts I had ever been part of.”

Article continues under commercial

Adam Driver Claims Lucasfilm ‘Beloved The Thought’

Adam Driver at the 79th Venice International Film Festival
MEGA

“We introduced the script to Lucasfilm. They cherished the thought. They completely understood our angle and why we have been doing it,” Driver says. “We took it to Bob Iger and Alan Bergman, and so they stated no. They didn’t see how Ben Solo was alive. And that was that.”

“It was referred to as ‘The Hunt for Ben Solo,’ and it was actually cool,” he added. “However it’s no extra, so I can lastly speak about it.” Though he didn’t reveal a lot of the movie’s plot, he did emphasize that it was going to be a character-driven movie alongside the traces of “The Empire Strikes Again.”

“We wished to be judicial about learn how to spend cash and be economical with it, and do it for lower than most however in the identical spirit of what these motion pictures are, which is handmade and character-driven,” Driver says. “‘Empire Strikes Again’ being, in my view, the usual of what these motion pictures have been. However he’s, to me, one among my favourite administrators of all time. He lives his code, lives his ethics, doesn’t compromise.”

On the time, Soderbergh launched his personal assertion, saying, “I actually loved making the film in my head. I’m simply sorry the followers gained’t get to see it.”

Article continues under commercial

Daisy Ridley Feedback On ‘The Hunt For Ben Solo’



Supply hyperlink

Leave a Comment

Discover more from Education for All

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading